Diet soft drink, myths or truth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet soft drink, myths or truth?

I know a thread recently got posted bout diet soft drinks but i wanna talk about some of the stuff i've heard over the years

Diet soda with artificial sweeteners ( sucralose, aspartame, ace-k etc.) make you fat. It never was explained to me beyond ' you see every fat ass order 4 large pizzas and a diet coke. Coincidence? '
    But then on the flipside, how does something with zero calories make you fat?

I'd like to hear what you all think.

I smash diet drinks and don't put on any weight so its a myth.

On a side note I have heard that they can cause a lot of nerve issues which lead to MS, just can't win lol.

Comment

It defiantly wont help with weight loss but don't think their is much evidence to say it adds fat, read an article a while back talking about the health risks associated with diet drinks, it sounded worse then gear lol. heart problems ,type 2 diabetes, rotting teeth ,headaches ect..

Comment

• kristoffzerussian
        kristoffzerussian commented
        Editing a comment
        I drink these mount franklin ones. No artificial sweetners, its just carbonated water with a natural flavoring. Hopefully i avert alot of those side effects that pepsi max and such would give..

I've read a lot about it making you fat but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of how zero calories can somehow convert into fat. However, I have also read about all the other health risks associated with sugar free soft drinks. I say **** it, life's too short mate.

Comment

I smash the sugar free monster energy drinks. Also the sugar free cokes with coffee are my flavour of the month

in saying that tho i do drink aeound 8 litres of water a day at aswell

Comment

I drink energy drinks and Diet Coke on nightshifts to stay awake and they bloat me big time we make caramel at other factory and that **** soaks into the concrete floor can't be good for you

Comment

I Choose to play it safe,
            and stay clear of all the ****.

All I can anyway

Comment

I Stay clear cause **** loads of sodium in there as well

Comment

The issue with diet drinks is more to do with them potentially creating an insulin spike because the body believes its getting sugars, so if you're having a pepsi max and carbs it may be a problem.
                I've seen both a study to confirm and deny it.
                I think the deciding factor is if you are consuming it with something or not.

Comment

Personally I love me some Pepsi Max whether cutting or bulking as water gets pretty old when your drinking 3-4 litres plus per day every day.

Are there possible health issues with with artificial sweeteners?

Probably but I would rather take the risk with a zero calorie artificial sweetener option then a regular Coke or Pepsi with 50g of sugar and 200+ calories.

Comment

Pretty sure artificial sweeteners are THE most studied food additives.

I'm not aware of any risks.... Diabetics drink these for life!

Comment

Soft drinks can be drunken in moderation without any real issues. The problem with over doing them is they create issues with your gut health. You can still lose weight, but the more you learn about nutrition and how important your gut health is for purposes of cutting weight or gaining muscle, the more you realise there can create issues with the breakdown of nutrients. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Hrvtska View Post
                        Soft drinks can be drunken in moderation without any real issues. The problem with over doing them is they create issues with your gut health. You can still lose weight, but the more you learn about nutrition and how important your gut health is for purposes of cutting weight or gaining muscle, the more you realise there can create issues with the breakdown of nutrients. Hope this helps
                        I have a heavy sugar addiction so I can't even have one or it turns into a few litres, I stick with the diet / no sugar stuff that gives you MS in the long-run lol.

Comment

• Hrvtska
                          Hrvtska commented
                          Editing a comment
                          lol if it works for you brother, keep doing what works :P

the sweeteners used are not physically absorb-able by the human body, yeilding no or minimal calories. they do not spike blood sugar either. Myth and Bull****.

its just a generalization with no evidence made by fat kunts. if you're that concerned just smash water. they do not cause cancer either, i'll dis-spell that bull****e while im at it.

Comment

There are some interesting studies re adverse health effects from artificial sweeteners especially aspartame (conspiracy theories good enough to make a movie). But in terms of fat gain, regardless of having zero calories, sweetners do have an insulin response which could promote fat gain. If you’re interested in how this works, look up GLP1 and GIP receptors.

Comment

Working...
                          X